On The Road To Recovery

It’s been 4 days since my surgery and I am doing amazingly well!  The mass is benign, I was off pain meds within 48 hours (a Tylenol or two a day is all I need) and I actually have to be careful not to overdo I feel so good.


I had hoped to answer each and every one of you who took the time to email with such caring thoughts, prayers and good wishes that have poured in but, the response was so overwhelming I don’t even know where to start.  So, sorry for the mass, yet, heartfelt, thanks to everyone.  I am honored and humbled at all of your response to my health scare.  I honestly believe that everyone pulling together for my speedy recovery not only made it happen but set forth a series of events that just about guaranteed it.

Long story short…When I first got my diagnosis I made an appointment with the doctor who my primary care physician recommended and we scheduled surgery for three weeks away.  I contacted my good friend, Dr Steve, for some advice and he advocated robotic surgery as it is a gentler, less invasive form of surgery than the tradition method.  He sent me a list of doctors to contact and I made an appointment with Dr Suzuki.  After our meeting I felt that I wanted to go the robotic route but, wouldn’t be able to get in until at least mid-March (too long for my liking and upcoming adventure schedule) so, I decided to stick with the original surgery.

You can imagine my surprise when I received a call on Monday, Jan 21st from doctor Suzuki’s office telling me that she had them shift things around to get me in earlier and she could operate on Wed…2 days away and the same day as my other surgery date.  It was an answer to my (and apparently all of your) prayers!  I felt a huge tension fall off my shoulders and I knew that with the love and support of all my friends and family and this sudden, yet welcome, change of plans everything was going to be alright!

Once again, thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who took the time to email, say a prayer for me and keep me in your thoughts.  And a special thanks to Dr Steve for guiding me down the best path for me and my lifestyle; to my friends Ted & Joan, who coached me on all the things to ask to be properly informed; to Mimi, my sister from another mother, for all her sage advice and listening ear during our many walks; and finally to my husband Frank and my mom for being here with me through it all, at my beck and call, trying to keep me from overdoing too much, too soon.

I can’t wait to feel a camera in my hands again soon!